This returns policy forms part of the terms and conditions, and so words defined in the terms and conditions have the same meaning in this policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
General terms applicable to returns, exchanges and refunds
- The provisions of the CPA apply to returns / exchanges and refunds, and goods will only be returned /exchanged or refunded if they qualify for return/refund or exchange in terms of these terms and conditions read with the CPA.
- Your attention is drawn to the fact that, except as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions and in the CPA, returns will not be accepted in respect of goods that, after having been supplied to you, or at your direction, have been partially or entirely dissembled, physically altered, permanently installed, fixed, attached, joined or added to, blended or combined with, or embedded within other goods or property.
- Refunds will be made subject to any deductions that are applicable in the CPA.
- Where returns qualify and are applicable in terms of the CPA, a reasonable charge will be levied for use of the goods during the time they were in your possession, any consumption or depletion of the goods and for restoration costs to render the goods fit for re-stocking.
- Refunds and / or exchanges will not be entertained unless you produce an original tax invoice generated from the online store.
If you change your mind
- Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it within 7(seven) days of delivery or collection – provided the product is not a product which has been personalised for you or made or cut to your specifications. In this regard,
- Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will refund you .Note however, that you will be responsible for the direct cost of returning the product, which we will deduct from the refund if we pay for the costs of the return.
- If the product is personalised and/or is a product referred to in the section “Fabric and haberdashery that are cut to your specifications” below, returns arising from you changing your mind will not be accepted
- If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality ,and you wish to return the product, you must notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery / collection of the product
- The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section
2.1 damage resulting from normal wear and tear;
2.2 damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
2.3 damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
2.4 damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product; and
2.5 where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you
Fabric and haberdashery that are cut to your specifications
- Fabric and some haberdashery items (“cut haberdashery items”) are cut from rolls based on your specific requirements/request and have a negligible or no re-saleable value to Chamdor once cut.
- Consequently you acknowledge and agree that a despatch notice by us to you confirming that your order for a specific quantity of fabric from a roll or a specific quantity of a cut haberdashery item has been despatched shall be deemed to constitute a sale of such quantity of fabric or cut haberdashery item to you , at the displayed or marked price.
- You will accordingly be liable in such circumstances to pay the full purchase price for the fabric or cut haberdashery item.
- Please note that no returns of cut fabric and cut haberdashery will be entertained unless they qualify for return and/or refund in accordance with these terms and conditions and the CPA.
- Clearance goods are clearly stated as such and contain a description of the condition of the goods.
- By purchasing such goods, you:
2.1 acknowledge that you have been informed by us that the clearance goods are offered in the condition described, and
2.2 agree to accept such goods in the condition described
Conclusion of sales and availability of stock
- Once you register, you may place orders for goods, which Chamdor may accept or reject. Whether or not Chamdor accepts an order depends on the availability of the goods, correctness of the information relating to the goods (including without limitation the price) and receipt of payment or payment authorisation by Chamdor for the goods.
- NOTE: Chamdor will indicate the acceptance of your order by delivering the goods to you (at your cost) or allowing you to collect them (at your cost) , and only at that point will an agreement of sale between you and Chamdor come into effect (“the sale”). This is regardless of any communication from Chamdor stating that your order or payment has been confirmed. Chamdor may cancel or reject a confirmed order and will indicate the rejection of your order by cancelling it and, as soon as possible thereafter, refunding you for any amount already paid.
- Prior to delivery or your collection of the goods, you may cancel an order at any time provided you do so before receiving a dispatch or delivery notice. After delivery or your collection of the goods, you may return the goods only in accordance with the Returns Policy.
- Placing Goods in a wish list or shopping basket without completing the purchase cycle does not constitute an order for such goods, and as such, goods may be removed from the shopping basket if stock is no longer available or the price thereof might change without notice to you. You cannot hold Chamdor liable if such goods are not available or are not available at the particular price when you complete or attempt to complete the purchase cycle at a later stage.
- You acknowledge that stock of all goods on offer is limited and that pricing may change at any time without notice to you. In the case of goods for sale by Chamdor, Chamdor will take all reasonable efforts to monitor stock levels and ensure that when stock is no longer available, that offers thereof are discontinued on the website. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of stock. When goods are no longer available after you have placed an order, Chamdor will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of any amount already paid by you for such Goods.